Apply to Become an IERS Conventions Contributor
How to Apply(Application Deadline: 31 May 2018)
Please include the following documents in an email addressed to conventions @ iers.org:
- A letter stating which chapter(s) you are interested in contributing to.
(View the chapter outlines and requirements.)
- A letter from your supervisor or agency director expressing institutional support of your commitment to the Conventions Centre through the completion (or shortly thereafter) of the new Conventions edition. It is anticipated that the new Conventions edition will be completed between 2021 and 2022.
- Your curriculum vitae demonstrating
- for Editor-in-Chief:
- your experience editing and proof-reading technical or academic papers, reports, or text books,
- your experience supervising and managing a team of technical experts, and
- your experience working on IERS Conventions or related texts.
- for Chapter Expert:*
- your expertise in the field(s) related to the chapter(s) you are interested in working on,
- at least 10 years of experience in your field, and
- at least 10 publications in the form of journal articles or presented posters.
- for Software Editor:
- your experience using data repositories, managing software testing and validating processes, and managing software version control for distribution.
- Documents should preferably be in a PDF format.
- Please use "Conventions Application" in the subject line of your email.
*If you do not meet the minimum experience requirements to be a Chapter Expert, we encourage you to apply to become an Assistent Chapter Expert.
To better understand the committment required as a Conventions contributor, you may wish to consult with
previous chapter authors or senior members of the IERS Conventions Centre staff.
You can contact the Conventions Centre staff using the "contact us" link at the bottom of this page.
If you have any questions regarding this posting, please contact us.